1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

LawnSite.com T-shirts & Mousepads

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Sean Adams, Apr 23, 2004.

1. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

Why should we pay 20-25 dollars to advertise your site. You should give them away to the members.
  2. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

leadarrows....I think you are right, I have had a few people in the last day or two tell me about the same thing you told me.....

J&R....if you do not want to buy a shirt, no problem....but give a shirt to the members for free? The site itself is already free and then you want me to spend another 6 figures on handing out shirts? I swear, if I had the money I would do it in a heart beat... But if you read through threads of old and new, people often ask for site merchandise to show their support and pride
  3. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

hey sean,do you have any pix of what items will look like yet?
  4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I was thinking $15-$17.
  5. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with this.... I can't see spending that much money advertising your site. While I do understand that the shirts shouldn't be free (because they aren't free for you) I don't think you should be charging that much extra for them. I buy shirts for my company all the time and they are between $7-$10 so I'm sure your not paying any more then that. You've gotta make some profit, and I do appreciate the idea, but I'd rather wear my own shirt for that price.
  6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I'm sure the shirts and mousepads will look great.
    However, do you think you will be able to get any smaller sizes?
    First thing matt said when I told him about them, he says, "What about all the little guys?" He's an XL but, I'm sure there are guys that are smaller. And hey what about me? I'd like a medium. ;)
  7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Medium here too.
  8. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I agree about the price.....I am going with a sponsor (who made the shirts) and the shirts are very high quality, so no need to make money...

XL and up is what I started with but I am placing a new order with all sizes except small....

I will try to get a picture on the site of the shirts tomorrow.
  9. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I'd be a large at most.

i just bought a uconn turf club shirt for $15, its a nice collared shirt no-less. there are deals out there.... its just a matter of finding them.
  10. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

i would love a shirt..i think 15 is a fair price (before s/h) let me know asap how to order and ill be glad to support the cause sean!

what colors avail? a pic is nice too.