Lawnsite Country of Origin?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by MOW ED, Aug 9, 2005.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I have to say that I have been on board here for a few years and have seen many come and go. I find it very interesting to see where everyone is from. Being that this is the world wide web I like seeing people from other countries here but I am a little curious as to why we only seem to have a few "foreigners" on board. Now I am not really calling our Canadian brothers foreigners as they have many of the same issues as we do here in the states but where are the other foreign LCO's.
    I have seen Australia, New Zealand (not recently) and maybe one UK. Where are all the other foreign dudes talking about lawns? I know that everyone doesn't speak English in the world but you would think we could get a few more perspectives from over the pond.
    How do we recruit these people to come by and talk about their business?

2. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

There was the thread 'Talking Aussie here' for the Australians but it seems they have all abandoned it to Drink elsewhere.
    I guess there are alot more US lawnies than in Australia and New Zealand combined.

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Just something I noticed while over in Ireland in June....

Didn't see ONE professional LCO the entire time. Granted, I didn't venture into the major cities, but never saw a trailer load of mowers going down the road.

A couple of reasons....

Irish Pride (I'll do it myself...I'm not paying someone for something I can do)

It really doesn't grow that fast. (Stayed at a B&B for a week, and they never cut the grass, and it didn't need it either!)

It did rain nearly every day. Not for the entire day, but I don't think it ever gets "dry" there.

So, for a country roughly the size of my State of Pennsylvania, there might be more LCO's here in my corner of MY county than there are in the entire Emerald Isle!

Here is an Irish Push Mower.....

Irish Push Mower.JPG

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

And an Irish Riding Tractor.

The sweeper bagger was attached to the rear and could be raised and lowered.

Honda powered, and hydrostatic.

Irish Riding Mower.JPG