Lawnsite Ethics - 2nd POLL

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimLewis, Dec 23, 2004.

Which of the following have you ever done before on Lawnsite

1. Blatently lied just to brag and make myself look better / bigger

5 vote(s)
  2. Blatently lied in order to screw up my local competition who reads Lawnsite also

3 vote(s)
  3. Have a 2nd Lawnsite ID I use to mess with people or back myself up

4 vote(s)
  4. The company info. I post here on lawnsite is not accurate (company name, city, state, etc.)

2 vote(s)
  5. Everything I post is honest and true. I try never to lie or deceive.

160 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I messed the first poll up. So here is the corrected one.

(Jodi, please remove the first thread).

Just curious about how people operate here on lawnsite, ethically and honestly. Please check all that apply. This is kept anonymous, of course.
  2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Oops I was replying to the first thread when it was deleted. So here is a Copy and Paste of my reply.

You are asking Lier's to tell the truth. How credible is this poll??

Crawdad Brings up another point about how anonymous this poll is. No maybe member don't see who votes what, but I am sure the software tells the Webmaster at least. And it is was not hard for me to figure out you and crawdad voted 100% truth told.

Yes it is an interesting question. But you are not likely to get a correct answer to it.
  3. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

should have another line ...

Who posts OFF Topic threads in the commercial forum, just to pad their post count. :dizzy:
  4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

hmmm...asking a liar to tell the truth on wether or not he is telling the truth. :dizzy:
  5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Those results are a joke.
  6. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Well, that's obvious. First, people fess up to all sorts of stuff in polls. And it's anonymous, so I am hoping that will encourage people to be forthright about their answer. Second, I think people who do this stuff actually WANT people to know it's going on. It's like a secret. You want to share it. You don't want to keep it to yourself. But you know you can't say anything because it would give you up. So in this way, people can tell their little secrets without fear and with anonymity. Finally, I am sure this poll won't be entirely accurate. And since people lie, then NO poll is ever entirely accurate.

First of all, you're assuming the software has the capability to hide polls from public but tell the owners who voted what. I don't think that's a valid assumption. Second, I don't the webmasters don't care if people lie or brag on lawnsite. Third, I don't think they would do anything about it even if they DID care. Fourth, I don't think they really waste their time trying to look at who voted which way. I think they probably have more important things to do. And finally, there is really only one option that might concern the moderators - and that's the one about having a separate secret ID. I know two people who have had these for several years now and I know Lawnsite tracks people's IP addresses. If they didn't want people at the same IP address to have more than one ID then they already have the technology to find out who it is and stop them.

You assume a lot. I haven't voted yet. Had I voted right off the bat, my vote would have been very obvious. :waving:
  7. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

My other hand is on a bible . What i say is the truth.
  8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Having been a moderator on another forum I can tell you There is one heck of a lot of data captured. Fact Everytime you log on and only read can be captured. As far as Two names goes I have more than two but only post under my real one. Yes I have broadband with a static IP but They will never figure out who my other names are because I use a proxy severer from a second computer. But then I don't post using those names so it doesn't matter. For the most part I am a straight shooter and don't tell lies unless BooBy asks to see my pet alligator named Gerbil.
  9. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I do not have enough time or energy to sit on Lawnsite and lie. I do not brag, because I could care less what people think of me. I like to be honest and use Lawnsite as another tool to help with my business.
  10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Gee Kris

I will have to give you credit for your high post count in the Calendar Girl Thread. And to think you do it all one handed while heating your igloo with fiction from your other hand rubbing against your own body.