Lawnsite Expo

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by mag360, Mar 2, 2004.

1. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Has there been any consideration into having a get together of members and sponsors/reps

Put me first on the list of supporters---I would like to see some of this stuff in person with people who know what they are selling

2. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Chip,

There have been LawnSite BBQ's in the past. I'm not saying they weren't worthwhile or successful, but I will say they were informal at best. To some degree that is what this site is about...an informal place to go and discuss the industry.

Personally, I have thought about creating a LawnSite "annual meeting" where members and sponsors alike could meet-up, demo some toys, put names to faces, eat some hot dogs and drink some kool-aid (ha ha ha).... but I honestly believe that if people are going to travel across the country or take time out from work they need a good reason to do so. Demoing equipment is something you can do at your dealer and discussing the industry is something you can do right here.

Therefore, i believe that there would need to be alternative worthwhile reasons to attend something like this - update classes, speakers, promotions, etc....

It's a tough position for me because there would need to be significant committment on the end of the members for us to put this together.

Let me know what your thoughts are....

3. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

The idea is good but i dont think its practical. Think about it. Lawnsite pulls members from all around this country, and others as well. It would be a task to get a central location where at least 50% of the members would logically be able to attend.

I am all for the idea if it comes through, but it would be tough to find a good area where we could get a crowd.

Unless their was a series of them IE-northeast bbq, Southern bbq-you get the idea.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Why not in sections, like north east division?
    John

5. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

That's a possibility, but like I said, there would have to be interest from the members collectively...

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I'm for it without a doubt

8. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I'm definately for it. Count me in 100%

9. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

sure, ill go.......................................

10. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I remember the question being asked last year......If I recall correctly,it didn't go very far because of the issues of locality.