LawnSite Get Together - Which Expo?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Sean Adams, Jul 18, 2005.

?

Where will you be?

1. Would you attend a LS get-together in Louisville, KY (Oct. 14-16)?

65.9%
  2. Would you attend a LS get-together in Orlando, FL (Nov. 2-5)?

34.1%
  1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

We have been discussing the possibility of having a LawnSite.com "Get-Together" for some time now. We have discussed a lot of possibilities in a lot of different places. Obviously with this many people it has been hard to agree on much. Through the course of the discussion several people suggested we meet at one of the Expos (EXPO in Louisville) or (Green Industry Expo in Orlando). So now we have made a new poll to see if this is the best way to get people from the site together.

2. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Sean,
    I would attend the Louisville expo, as I already have plans to attend. Orlando is too late in the season for us as we are heavy into leaf season then and getting things ready for Holiday clean-ups.

3. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Without jumping the gun I have a feeling this is going to be the common response, but we will wait and see. Like I said in the other thread - I want to have this wrapped up by the end of July either way so people can plan accordingly.

I'm sure the next/obvious question will be >>>> what will the get-together consist of? I am open to suggestion...

Some people suggested a dinner, some suggested I try and block off a floor(s) at a hotel for lawnsite discount and we meet at the hotel, someone even suggested trying to close down a bar and reserve it for lawnsite....I'm open to all suggestions.

4. Scapegoat

Scapegoat LawnSite Member

Orlando in November is fantastic. Weather will be great, sunny and warm but not hot and humid. Tons of activities in Orlando besides the expo if people wanted to make a bigger trip out of it. Bring your golf clubs too! :p

I'll be at the Orlando expo either way. :)

5. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Sean,

I think you would need to have a fairly large bar or some place that would allow everyone to gather. Once there, what type of agenda would you have? Simply a meet and greet kind of thing, with name tags?

6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Doesn't matter which one to us, either as we'll be attending both shows. There are several good spots on Bardstown road to meet in. Just as many in Orlando..You could probably even get a spot in Freedom Hall to meet in or something.

7. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Sean-

I like the idea of closing down a bar for a meet and greet. We would be interested in helping sponsoring the event. Maybe a raffle to win a FREE Tanaka powerboard / powerkart, or even the edger!

-MW

8. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Mark, Now you're talking! If a couple more of the great sponsors of this site would step up like Tanaka, you could definitely get the collective presence to secure a bar for the LS crowd....maybe even an open bar, too...LOL..then again, that may be too scary, a bunch of drunk LCOs talking about PITAs and scrubs in person...lol....sign us up!!hahahaha..

9. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

orlando - november, it'll be snowing then, people in the northern states wouldnt be able to go then.

Im all about the louisville

10. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

I forgot to post earlier that we are down for Orlando. We will be exhibiting at the GIE show.

As far as Louisville goes, I've been banned from returning due to "having too much fun" there in the mid-to late 90's (Plus, we won't be attending).

-MW