LawnSite Meeting

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sean Adams, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I know there have been BBQ's in the past and Richard Martin is having his second annual competition, as well as the trade shows that are coming up....... But I was wondering....

Would the members here at LawnSite.com like to have a LawnSite Meeting or get-together, etc..... Any ideas? I would want to put something together that as many people as possible could attend.

Give me your ideas. Thanks.

2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Depends on location and what time of year?

You would have to rent a facility.
    Provide food.

Would there be a fee we would have to pay?

A get together is fine and all. It is intrigueing.

I don't know. There are many conferences, seminars, trade shows and what not. If it's just a get together, perhaps you may have more success providing some kind of a conference type atmosphere. Where the sponsors would attend and all that. Have speakers............blah, blah,blah.........;)

But here is another thought.

What about organizing say a "LawnSite Cruise"?
    If you do the cruise you would have to work fast, get deposits in quickly. Don't matter if it's a 7 day or 3 day cruise. During the off season might be best for all.

One year can be the Carribean. Other year can be a West Coast Mexico Cruise. Or a get together in Puerto Rico or the Bahamas.

If that is to far or to much how about New Orleans in early January........I have been looking into going to New Orleans and the hotel rates are very reasonable.

3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

New Orleans sounds great to me. ( 17 mile drive hehe ) We could throw together a crawfish boil, tour the French Quarter, etc. Also, depending on how many attend, I have extra rooms with pool table, darts, etc.

~Nest

4. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Cool Elephant. You just might have a house guest anyway......:D

5. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

That'd be great. If you've never had our food, the real stuff, I'd advise bringing a grand appetite, loose fitting pants, and Rolaids™. I never touch the stuff, but have a lot of guests request them.:p

~Nest

Pinch the tails and suck the heads!! [​IMG]

6. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Cruise!!

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

The Island Thing Is CooLLLL, It's DEDUCTIBLE People. Lets Do It Like The Suits Do.

John

400--671r.jpg

8. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

where and when? :drinkup:

9. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

John,

Man, does that picture look so inviting on such a hot day. I'll do the cruise thing.:blob3:

10. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, as long as mom and dad say ok, lol :eek: :blob4: