LawnSite Member Give Away!

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Sean Adams, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Today is Thursday, November 18th. We are going to run this "contest" for the next 14 days and announce the winner on December 1st.

Here it is....

Which existing member would you most like to meet, sit down with and discuss the lawn & landscape industry with? Why? What would you specifically discuss?

The winner will receive the following:

1. A T-shirt
    2. A mousepad
    3. Hardback book "What ItTakes To Be #1 - Vince Lombardi On Leadership".
    4. Your choice of $50 cash or a brand new pair of high quality work gloves

After December 1st, this thread will be closed, so be sure to join in and Best Of Luck To Everyone!
  2. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

There seems to be a bit of confusion about the give away and I apologize for that.

There is only one winner for the give away. The winner is the person who gives the best response to the question - which member, why and what would you discuss.... there was some question as to whether or not the member chosen the most to sit down with would be the winner....My apologies once again.
  3. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to sit down and talk with Brickman, reason being, is that they are at the ultimate level when you think of successful LCO's of today. What I would like to discuss is not how they run their current operation, but rather where they started, and how they grew. When did they/he know it was time to get that first larger mower. When did he know it was time to get that first employee? When did he start running a 2nd crew? Did he start full time, or work at it part time as a lot of us are doing? What chances did he have to take to get where he is, and which ones did he take that didn't work out? How many years did it take to go full time, and make a profit? And what in the very begining were his long term goals?
    It would be interesting to learn from an actual story, about all of the issue that us currently growing LCO's contemplate every day, and see how similar he may have been just starting out. I think my thought process is along the lines of the saying, "Every great oak tree also started as a seed". It might be encouraging to this "seed" to hear the life story of the oak.

Thanks for the opportunity again to win some great stuff, and what might be a great idea, is to try and arrange the actual meeting for the winner of the contest if both parties could agree to it!

TWINS Lawn Care