Lawnsite official Bi@%& about gas price thread

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by meathead1134, Aug 30, 2005.

1. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

Ok Guys instead of making new gas threads every other week how about we have 1 official bit@% about gas price thread, here we go.
    1. The hurricane in the gulf
    2. The media
    3. the after math

Ok we all know that gas prices were going to go up but WTF The media :realmad: was hinting about the price was going to reach $3.00 and boom gas prices are up .30 in 2 days :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: Now I find that alarming :realmad: . I filled my personal car at 2.69 and now it $2.84 as I was leaving the gas station. You know its real bad when I can fill up a hyundai elantra and it costs $34.00. Cumberlands already purchased the gas they currently have for sale. Talk about price gouging. This is a pain in @ss :realmad: I didn't have time to fill my truck I don't want to know how much its going to cost to fill my truck now. :realmad:

Lets vent on this thread instead of starting new one every other week. Now it somebody elses turn.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

:realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :blob2: :blob2: :blob2: :blob2: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

John

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

On the way home from school today, most of our bus was talking about it, up to $2.60 today, but that will probably go up by tomarrow morning. For me it isn't so bad, but for my dad who has to fill his gas guzzilin suburban, i feel bad when he won't let me pay him for some of it since a lot of it is used driving me around. Just my 2 cents!

4. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

The lowest I've seen where I'm at is $2.47 the higest I've seen is $2.59. This is getting crazy I can tell you one thing I see in my future and that is my prices going up even more than they are now.

Rob

5. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Ours was 2.47 this morning at 7 AM (came down a little in past few days) then at 8 AM it was 2.57 and at 10:30 AM it was 2.67. I saw one store that had cars lined up that was still at 2.47 at 11:00. Ive never seen cars line up in my neck of the woods to get gas. Greedy SOBs, the same gas that was in the ground at 7 this morning at 2.47 jumped .20, I don't give a squat what anyone says, that is price gouging/screwing us/ use any excuse to raise it. I got where when I get gas it makes me get down right PO and I stew about it for the next hour, like that does any good. :angry:

6. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Danny,You hit it on the head my friend it's all about the $$$$$$ thats all they give a flying F about. But, The $$$ is'nt the worst part it's all the BS that goes along with it the BS is so deep I think I need to put my boots on. In short this just plain sucks. Have you ever heard the old saying " The rich are getting richer & the poor are getting poorer"? That sound about right with these gas prices don't it?

Rob

7. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

8. Husqman

Husqman LawnSite Member

WBW you hit it right on the head. If the filling stations did not have to replace the fuel they sell that would be price gouging.

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

The stations have began changing to 2.99 this afternoon. By tomorrow they all will be there. What is going on?

Thanks Prez, the oil companies are getting REAL rich now.

10. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

gas prices are the reason i am looking into going to a diesel zt. you can get the kits to make biodiesel yourself and the cost per gallon comes out to around 50-70 cents per gallon. the initial investment is around 3 grand and the hands on mixing time is close to an hour. as much fuel as we burn it seems that might be the route to go.