Lawnsite Sponsors

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Supper Grassy, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

I sometimes wonder why more companys,sponsors of lawnsite dont give away a free sample, shirt, givaaway, or something that people can use to advertise there product or service. Fluid Fuilm is the only company that i know of on Lawnsite that gives away a sample of there product and marketing items (srtickers). Any ideas on why the other comanys done do this?

i am unsure what fourm this is to go in, if this is in the wroung fourm mods please move it to the correct one

Supper

2. Supper Grassy

Anyone have ideas on why the companys dont do this?

3. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess it is not in their budget... I got a free can of fluid film and a fluid film t-shirt too...thats it though. I wouldn't mind getting a free sample of a TORO Z.

4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, some of the sponsors are non-existant here.

The Exmark forum irritates me, as it's moderated and putting up a post will get you a PM to solve the problem rather than letting it be posted in the forum so others can see the solution.

I like how Dano from Fluid Film at least gets a little bit involved in some of the threads here.

Some of these other sponsors need to step up to the plate. Frankly, I pay zero attention to the banner ads on this site, so if any of them want my attention, they'll have to find other ways.

5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Perhaps the sponsors are waiting and will follow when LCOs start handing out free services. When they see free mowing, free trimming, and other free services being done for the customers, then they will start with the give-aways.

6. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Yes it would not take much for the others to have give aways ,promotions and such, i live in Western Australia and i have 4 stickers from Fluid Film, i guess Dano and Fluid Film are the bench mark others can only aspire to, Dano is involved in different threads as we have heard and Fluid Film are so far ahead of the other sponsors that FF can barely see them in their rear vision mirrors :)

7. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Though "free samples" to everyone isn't always possible for everyone because of the value and expense of their products, there are other sponsors on here who have done, and still do provide services and products for members. Take a look at Green Touch Industries, and their site TrailerRacks.com for example. Not only do they supply one of the best ... (in my opinion THE best) ... racking systems in the industry, they have given away a few of them. Matt and the guys over at Green Touch are very helpful and informative on their product, and have been very helpful to many members here on Lawnsite.

I too have started using Fluid Film, thanks to my free sample from Dano ... and I appreciate it very much. Keep in mind though that a free little bottle of Fluid Film is much less expensive then a trimmer rack ... not to mention just the shipping expenses. I have spent my money with both of these sponsors, and will continue to do so.

Matt and Dano ... thanks for all you do here on Lawnsite. The priceless information here is great ... and having sponsors such as yourselves make it even a greater experience.

Dave

8. Hondoman

Hondoman LawnSite Member

I seem to remember that Power Equipment Warehouse gave away a few things. I think a backpack blower, Elvex radio and some tools. That's more than most of the other sponsors do, except Fluid Film. I got my Fluid Film too, thanks Dano

9. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for all your support! We've tried to do something to get some attention on here and it looks like it's been working. It's fun getting involved in the forums, and I appreciate the positive feedback and support from Lawnsite and its members.

If anyone has any other ideas for promotions, I'm always open to hear about them. We are constantly looking for things that are a little outside of the box to help push our product, and are trying to come up with some good ones for GIE + EXPO this year.

10. Supper Grassy

Ok, i am not saying i want a free rack for my trailer or something. why not just a little something to get the name spread, mabey a lock or something with the company name.

A little thing goes along way.

I realize that it may cost a few $$ but if i buy say a 5K mower from eXmark because some one had a shirt form them isnt that good advertising?

Why not giveaway a few product in a contest or something? If i won a product and liked it i would most likely buy more products from that company