Lawnsite Weather???

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Richard Martin, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

What's up with Lawnsite Weather and why does it come on at 9:00 AM? Most guys are out working at 9:00 AM.

2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

it is a new feature that we are in the process of adding to the site...will be launching tomorrow morning

3. jtraversweather

jtraversweather LawnSite Member

Updates start at 5AM. We will make sure all east coast radars and video and podcasts are done by 6am EDT. What else can we do for you? We appreciate your input.
    John Travers

4. Richard Martin

It's kinda really generic isn't it?

Here is what I'm currently using.

The big monitor is on The Weather Underground full screen radar loop.

The small monitor is running Lightning 2000 software with a Boltek lightning detector.

That computer also has Interwarn software.

Additionally it has Virtual Weather Station software hooked up to a Oregon Scientific WMR918 wireless weather station.

If I could have my own, on site radar, I would do it.

DSC01190.jpg

5. jtraversweather

jtraversweather LawnSite Member

Great Setup !

I think you are probably ahead of the pack. We offer a local radar which does a few cool things...we can zoom in, do predictive cell movement and determine signatures of possible large hail and tornadoes as well as strength of down drafts and updrafts.

We also have a 48 hour predictive radar model which takes a composite of models and applies to current radar and moves precip over the radar area of your choice as it is forecast. Each year, it verifies better. This as well as a specific Weather Briefing hour by hour forecast for the first day and every 3 hours for day 2 customized to your specific needs makes up Weather Briefings LawnSite PLUS

6. Richard Martin

Yeah, but without your own radar sites you're limited to the same things as the rest of us right? Radial velocity etc....