LawnSite's New Format

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WoodBrothersLC, Sep 10, 2004.

1. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone else besides us not like the new format on lawnsite. It is much harder to find stuff now that everything has moved. We haven't been on Lawnsite as much after the format changed. Sean and Chuck, you guys have a great site but why did you have to change the format? Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

There was an earlier thread on this, consensus is most don't like it so far.

3. Mats

Mats LawnSite Bronze Member

>It is much harder to find stuff now that everything has moved.

I must be missing something here, what 'stuff' are you trying to find? I come to lawnsite and read the threads that sound interesting. Other than threads, what else is there?

4. T Edwards

T Edwards LawnSite Member

This is a WAY updated site compared to the old back-woods DOS feel of the previous version. I just wish the little Smilies would get lost.

5. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

With all due respect the the owners of this forum, I personally prefer the previous version, minus the overloaded server probs that is.
    The older version was easier, clearer, this one has some great features but looks a little too "busy", and whereas before this forum looked unique, now it just looks like that "other" forum...

My vote goes the the previous version, wish the server data base could of been updated without needing a new format/version, I understand this version is more secure than the previous, which is great....but as a forum user posting and reading the previous version I found to be better.

The reading of posts feature, really hate that layout, that is why I never could get used to the other forum, looks impersonal with the font, and how the text is set out out in posts. jmho...

love the easy to get to smilies though, :cool2:

6. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

Give it a couple of weeks and you will get used to it.

7. steve122

steve122 LawnSite Member

Put me in the camp that likes the changes. By the way, anyone else think of the point system as a lawnsite 'Survivor' show. Last one to get booted off for irritating people with their posts is the winner. Now if we just knew what the prize was.

8. Branching Out

Branching Out LawnSite Member

I could care less how it looks.
    The fact that it is now the slowest of any of the forums I visit is even more annoying.......it takes forever to load simple pages even with a cable modem....it wasn't like this before. I feel like I'm on AOL again...... :realmad:

Branching Out :cool2:

9. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

I don't find this version any slower. Actually, on cable, tcp/ip or whatever the hell we have at work, I think it's faster.

I also like the old version, and really didn't think it had a DOS feel. That's a bit extreme I think.

I DO think folks will get used to it, but, is it just me or does there seem to be far less activity here over the last week or so :confused:

How could anyone want to get rid of the smilies? :cool: :blob4: :gunsfirin

10. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

It must be your connection. All pages load in less than a .5 of a second everytime. I'm on cable. Acutally, this page was loaded in "Page generated in 0.15712500 seconds"

I do like the older format better though.