1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawsite gives LCO the cutting edge!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnworks, Dec 9, 2000.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I do not know how yall feel, but I do not want my competition to find out about Lawnsite.com This maybe selfish, but Lawnsite educates me about every lawn machine known to man w/o even demoing the machine. This site shows ways to keep my business afloat and increase my profits. This site gives me another advantage over my competition. Thanks Lawnsite administrator, moderators, and members.
  2. RYAN

RYAN LawnSite Member

I would not mind some of my friendly competitors logging onto Lawnsight. They likely have good info to spread around as well. I would hope some of the competitors I have out there wouldn't log onto it and get all this good info. But overall I think more good than bad would come from it though. There is plenty of work out there for everyone.
  3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Thats a bad attitude to have man!! It won't hurt you any if your competition comes to Lawnsite.com.

Because of people with your attitude on this is why we can't come up with standardized wages and raise our prices, knowledge and respect in the eyes of the public.

You should think of the industry as a whole and not just you and your competition.

Check this out:

If you are the only one in your area that gets his business on the right track as far as pricing, making a profit, knowing the equipment and job knowledge necessaary and doing quality work for your customers, there could be a downfall. People will think your high priced, etc because all the un-educated scrubs in your area will do the same work for half the price because they don't know any better. If you all were on the same page, your prices will be more level accross the board and then a customer would have to judge you on quality of work instead of price.

Just something to think about!
  4. Hello Lawnworks:

So far you have got very good advice!

If most of the competitors in your area new about Lawnsite, your income would go up & the amount of hours you work would go down. More Money!

First place a lot of them would not be able to compete & it would drive out most of the lowballers. Not all because there is some customers that don't care about quality work.

They just want their lawn what I call Bull Dogged or Shot Gunned. They will be happy with it. You don't want these folks at all.

Those lawns that you can't get $45 for & you know they are worth it. Well, if everybody else was professionaly bidding & they all bided close to the same well, then you would be able to get it.

Do everything you can to help the Competition & exchange ideas. It will only help you in the long run!

Look at all your Doctors, Lawyers, CPA's, Bodyshops & etc... Probably any one of them knows what the others are getting dollar wize.

Do this tell them all about Lawnsite, you already got a good jump on them, just use it to your advantage. Then Look like a Pro, Act like a Pro, Work like a Pro & then you will get paid like a Pro.

I waited 3 years & it hit me so hard I had to hire 3 extra men & borrow $20K just to take on the extra work coming to me by word of mouth & I had Quit advertising completely!

5. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

You're not going to disagree with me! Just kidding, maybe theres some good in you GM. ;)

I forgot one thing. I think the people that are scared to put their names and profiles up to speed are because they are scared to get caught in a lie and their reps be ruined or whatever. If you have nothing to hide, why not share knowledge with people in your area or on the other side of the world?

6. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree 100% grassmaster,I didn`t want to quote your entire post but this is the way everyone should be thinking because we would all benefit.when I think of everything that I have learned here,I wish had known about this site when I first started in business.There is no better way to start or end a day.
  7. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

It's one thing to post to a message board. It is another to go out and bust your hump making someones elses yard look as good as your own. This site is awesome, but reality hits the grass with each individual and not the knowledge received
  8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

Its nice to have all this info available.
    But,the cream comes to the top sooner or
    later even if he never heard of LAWNSITE.
    just mine TM country
  9. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldnt worry about it. As it is, Im the only LCO on-line in my area, at least out of the dozen or so I speak to during the season on a fairly regular basis.
  10. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Once you have established yourself and can make ends meet you should have no fear in promoting LawnSite. A new guy just building up his route may be nervous to share, but eventually will become more confident and see the logic in the above posts.