lawsuit

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Flow Control, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Had to go to court today. A install from 03 stated he found a broken drain pipe this spring and to fix the 3" or 4" pipe it cost him $850 for the labor and parts. I will find out the judgement in the next two weeks.

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

That sucks, why didnt he call you to come to do repair?

3. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

3 or 4" corrugated? couplings and pipe no more than 10 bucks max

wow

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe you can get the case transferred to one of those TV court shows, and you'll both make money.

5. Flow Control

He actually did give me a window of 4hrs to fix it. I believe I got a message around 10am stating that I had until 2pm to fix or he was going to have the plumber take care of it.

6. Flow Control

I caught him off guard with the info that I brought to challenge his case. I had him pissed, that alone was worth the price of admission. My fiance is in her last year of law school, I had around 9 legal points I made to challenge his claim. If he wins it will be like winning in slots, since I will pay him in loose change. If I win I am going to send him an invoice for my time spent on it.:laugh:

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

So, what kind of plumber's invoice did he have with him? Nothing remotely close to the $850, I woud expect. And if not, I want the franchise for fixing busted drainpipes.

8. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

what points did you make against him

9. Flow Control

450 for 2 couplers & labor

400 to send a camera down to double check

10. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I'm guessing you nailed with a plow?

You know how many drain lines I've done that and not known? :D

Don't underestimate plumbers though, A guy on my street just paid $900 to have his house domestic line reran about 100' at 18".

1" poly.

I don't think a plumber gets out of his truck for less than $100. Damn Unions.