Laying pavers instead of pushing snow.

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by PerfiCut L&L, Jan 16, 2008.

1. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L LawnSite Senior Member

Figured since we're not getting any snow around here this year we'd get started on this years paver projects. This being the first of the new year.

Old home 25+ years. Beat up by nearby tree roots and mother nature. Customer wants new driveway, walkway to front porch, front porch overlay with landing, and a walkway to rear entrance. All in all, took 4 days with one being a limited day due to rain.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Its only been 3 days since the completion and we have already recieved 3 additional estimate requests from nearby neighbors. As much as I'd like to push a little snow this year, I', starting to look forward to spring already.

2. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Design looks good. Did you overlay the stoop ?Is that Pasadena ?

3. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good except your suppose to start laying from the lowest point.

Down spout on side of house should of been ran underground.

4. PerfiCut L&L

Thanks.

Yea, we demo'ed the old red bricks which were spalling and cracking, then cleaned everything up, and layed the pavers right over top. We've done a number of overlays this way. Helps keep the costs to a minimum while giving the entrance a more attractive look. Becoming more and more popular.

(Crofton) by the way.

5. PerfiCut L&L

MRUSK:

Thanks, duelly noted.

6. mrusk

I never thought about it until i took icpi. They said if you laid a driveway from high to low and then took it up and laid it low to high you would end up being short on pavers.

7. PerfiCut L&L

hmmmm..... 800 sq ft is 800 sq ft, top to bottom, left to right.

8. mrusk

Gravity cheats the pavers down.

9. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

how much sq ft do you lay in one day? and how many guys

10. PerfiCut L&L

After pondering this for a moment I suppose it makes sense. If the run is long enough you might gain an extra row for every 50 to 70 rows or so. Does it make a difference? Perhaps so. Will have to look into this a bit more.

In this case, we started at the top since the guys had the side and back walkways done by the second day. To keep the lines consitent from the right side walkway through the driveway into the left side walkway we laid a few rows off the garage skirt. This way they could get started on the front walk while the remainder of the driveway was prepped.

[​IMG]