Layout Program

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by GrassRatt, Jul 3, 2006.

1. GrassRatt

GrassRatt LawnSite Member

Whats the best program that people use, for laying out irrigation systems. Also is there one that when you enter psi and gpm it automatically sets radius according to the type of head you select. Thanks

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I've heard good things about Raincad, but really you should only be using design software like that for huge commercial sites.

This is what I use:

[​IMG]

3. telcomac

telcomac LawnSite Member

GrassRatt,
    For my schematics/layout,I use a program called Visio Technical Ver. 5.0. It is a multi featured program. You still will have to do your homework as far as performance -nozzle selection ,etc. Attached a jpeg file of a system that we designed and installed. The schematic was part of the final presentation to the client. Will give you an idea of what you can do with this particular program.
    Hope it helps you!:)

professional plaza-revised 7-5-05-jpeg.jpg

4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

RainCAD is what I use as it really doesn't care whether it's one zone or 50 zones I'm designing. :rolleyes:

I use this instead. Another person doesn't have to hold the other end. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

5. I have been using autocad with a add-on program called landcad since the early 90's. I mainly only use it now for as-built on commercial jobs. With any program you will still need too know how to design a system. The program only makes it look good on paper.