Lazer 28EFI 60 in cut

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MLI, May 7, 2004.

1. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Ive had the Lazer for 2 days now(demo) 60in cut, had them install the micro mulch system. I luv this machine....its been tackling lush tall grass with ease. The 28 EFI is plenty power. Im off for the final test today(all bluegrass) Some areas Ive had to go over twice, but in the end there's no grass to pick up. What a joy coming home with an empty truck and semi clean hands!!!

2. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, the 28 EFI is a great engine, more than enough power!

I recently bought a 04 Toro with 60'' deck and 28 EFI, I imagine these 2 mowers are close in basic design so you should love the Lazer as I do my Toro. You will be even more impressed once you get a real feel for it, these things put dollars in your pocket!

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Please let us know!!! I'm looking at one for next year:D

John

4. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

well......here's the results of the 3 day demo. This machine rocks!! I told the Lazer rep I wanted a machine that made grass disappear...told him to set it up anyway he wanted, and if it did what I wanted I'd buy it! We all know how hard it is to make wet bluegrass vanish, and that was the final test for us last Saturday. I started out on houses bout 1 acrce +. There was a total of 6 of these houses. In the past we used a Walker, and had a huge pile of grass to load into dump(this if anything...was what I wanted to eliminate). The grass conditions on Saturday were wet(not soaking wet)The machine starts right up...no choke...no cold start bull(28EFI) I found that the cutting speed was greatly reduced in these conditions, but expected that, machine did not bog down in the least! I noticed some grass boogers being left on sides of machine from 1st past. On second pass coming back along 1st cut I over lapped about 8 inches and machine picked up any boogers left from previous strip. So in thick conditions I had to overlap a bit.....worse case droveover second time, but in the end same time as Walker......NO GRASS to pick up. On lawns that were dry....1 pass...NO GRASS!! This machine was so quick that I left 2 guys behind, when I finished the last of the six...they were both coming up to the fifth to weedwack. I will say the machine was not the greatest on hills....actually think the Walker was better for that, but in the end...I was happy with Exmark. One of the bigggest things I remember for the day was...hmmmm....no grass stains on my hands!.....No piles to pick up!!!....NICE

This was a 60 in Lazer 28EFI....any ?'s let me know

5. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, how much did it cost?

6. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds impressive, can it pop wheelies?