1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lazer 52 price

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by butler L&S, Feb 6, 2002.

1. butler L&S

butler L&S LawnSite Member

2000 Lazer HP 52 with 23HP Kawi. Is $4200 a good price? Mower has 630 hrs and looks clean.
  2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

look real hard .630 hrs a lot can happen to a mower.
    if no white smoke ,and its still fairly tight. try 36 one hundred dollar bills.he may say no but u should get a better price before u walk out the door.im bettin he dont let u go out the door with them hundreds.good luck an later
  3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

butler L & S:

$3800 to $4300 is a fair price for that mower depending on its condition. This unit retailed for $7299 out of the crate in '00. awm is correct in warning you to look it over good. 620 hours are not that many if the owner took good care of the unit.

Look under the belt covers. Check out the underside of the deck. Look at the condition of the blades and flow control baffles. If you can grease the unit, grab a grease gun and check to see if the points take grease. Examine the belts, pulleys, and idlers. Pull the dipstick. Cut some grass with it, or at least start it and engage the blades.

I looked on the pre-owned section of the Exmark web site and found a '00 model LHP with a 52" deck and a 23-hp Kaw engine. It has 880 hours and comes with an UltraVac. They are trying to sell it for $4595. $4200 is not outrageous. See what the other 'scapers think.

Good luck.

Exmark Customer Support
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

630 hours for 2 seasons is only 315 hours per year. That really isn't that many hours. Especially if the guy took care of the maintenance regularly.

I agree with the above post. Check the blades. But the reason I say this is because if you look at the shape of his blades it will give you an idea of his maintenance ability. If it looks like he hasn't sharpened blades in 2 months, he probably wasn't much on changing oil either.

I own the exact same unit, and its been a great mower. Very reliable and works really well on all my properties. The HP's size makes it manuverable on smaller residentials, but the 52" and the 9.5 mph speed make it good with larger properties as well. Just a very good all around mower. If its in good shape, I don't think $4200 is a bad price.