1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lazer 60 EPS

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by wildbilly1113, Mar 7, 2002.

1. wildbilly1113

wildbilly1113 LawnSite Member

Exmark, what is the msrp on the lazer 60 eps? My dealer wants me to buy the lazer LC because he said if the computer chip goes out on the EFI it would be a $700.00 repair job! Should this sway me? Thanks for the info!
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Wild billy,

The ECU (computer) if it does fail after the warranty run out has a replacement cost of $275.35 according Kohler. To date there have not been many failures of the ECU, in fact most of the reported ECU failures have been mis-diagnosed and something else was causing the problem.

Most likely your dealer was steering you away from the Kohler EFI for another reason. In some parts of the country the Kohler service support may not be as good as Kawasaki's in other regions the Kawasaki support may be lacking. For the most part a dealer will recommend the brand of engine that he gets the best support from. If your dealer is telling you buy the Kawasaki rest assured there is a reason but it's not because or replacement costs of the ECU, it's probably for another very valid reason.

If I were you I'd buy the Kawasaki. Your dealer is steering you toward that engine for a reason.

Good luck