Lazer 60 - hours expectancy...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PAPS Landscape Design, Apr 10, 2008.

1. PAPS Landscape Design

PAPS Landscape Design LawnSite Member
    from us

How many hours can I expect to get out of a Lazer Z 60 with a 25 HP Kohler motor, it currently has like 650 hrs on it and has been maintained well... what can I expect in terms of hours before I am buying a new motor for it???

2. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

Under normal conditions and maintanance 100 hours per hp ie: 2500
    I have a 25 hp kaw with 1800 on it still going with only regular maint and very minor repairs.

3. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Guy i know has had his Z for around... well forever, Has almost 3200 hrs on original motor.

4. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had them up to 2600 hrs and they still run strong when we trade them.

5. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

I have a 15HP Kawi on my Exmark, and had it rebuilt 2 seasons ago at 2500 hours. If you take care of it, it will take care of you.

6. mowerchick

mowerchick LawnSite Member
    from USA

We just sold our 2000 Exmark 25hp/60" to a homeowner with over 3000 hours and it works good. It does use a little more oil now that it is getting up there in hours! :)

7. BillyRgn

BillyRgn LawnSite Member

i have 2 lazers, both with 25 kohlers, one has about 1,000 hours and runs like it's brand new and always has the ultra vac,as well as a Jrco leaf plow, or detacher in the spring and fall the other has 2,800 hours and runs excellent, never skips a beat, i know a guy that has one with a 25 kolher and it had about 4,100 hours on the original motor, however he has put a brand new cutting deck on it because the other wore out.the things that go first are the hydraulic pumps, those will cost you a good buck especially if they both go at the same time, but make sure you replace the dampeners when they go because that will burn the pumps out quicker if you don't replace them.