Lazer 60"

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by KTNC, Mar 23, 2002.

1. KTNC

KTNC LawnSite Member

I'm seriously considering buying a new Lazer with the 23hp Kohler, and 60" deck. Can this motor adequately run the 60" deck? Reliability concerns of this motor?

2. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Kevin,

I don't know about the 23 hp Kohler but I have a Lazer 60" with a 23 hp Kawasaki (2001) and it works like a champ. It will flat blast the grass with the Ultra-Cut deck. And the optional "Micro-Mulch" mulching kit is excellent too...it absolutely shreds.

Try to demo one if at all possible...then you'll know for sure.

I'm positive about one thing...you cannot go wrong with Exmark! They RAWK!!! :D

Good luck!

3. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Plenty of power. (Unless you're brushhogging)
    Absolutely zero reliability concerns.

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Kevin,

Why go 23, when you can go 25, 26, 27, or 27 diesel or even the 31 gas.? :D

I know that the 23 has been available for quite a few years, but....It isn't listed on Kohlers website ??? Is there a big difference in prive with the 23 vs. the other choices above?

In everything I do and buy, I go for the best that there is. If I cant afford it, I wait! Wether its computers, trucks, mowers, bowling balls, whatever.....It's the best or nothing.

5. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Get the most HP you can afford... you won't regret it.

6. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Why would you buy a Lariat when all you need is an XL.

You can buy an eXmark 60" Lazer for 7500 or 13000. I'm all for buying the best, but I know what that 23/60 will do and that's what we buy.

Don't ask the why exactly (something to do with Promos) but the 23hp and 25hp Kohler are like $400 apart.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Hello Kevin
    I Don't think you Can Get the 23 Kohler For the 2002 Season. But It's a Great Engine I Have Three, And Just Ordered Another One.
    Talk to you Soon
    Johnny G. :cool: :cool:

8. midjersey

midjersey LawnSite Member

:blob3: Kevin I run all Exmark equip. I have 3 lazers. 2 of them have the 26hp EFI engine which is great. The other has a 25 Kohler it has more than enough power. The Kawasaki 23 is a great engine. Plenty of power for that machine. But you should really try out the EFI engine. It is night and day to the kawasaki & the 25 Kohler.

9. BGRANT

BGRANT LawnSite Member

Kevin,
    I have a 2000 Exmark w/60 deck and it has a 22 hp kaw on it.I have for the most part always had enough power.If your cutting deep sod it may be a little underpowered.But what mower isn't cutting that stuff?I just purchased a 2001 w/60 27 hp.It sounds like a helicopter when I engage it's blades.I can't wait to see what it can do.
    Brian Grant.:D