1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lazer 60inch to demo in central NJ

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by shade tree landscaping, Oct 22, 2007.

1. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I am wondering if there is a dealer in the central NJ area (zip 07728) that has a 60inch Lazer with the 28hp Kawaski to demo. I am talking about a true demo, in my real world conditions, not in their parking lot, or their already cut grass on the side of the building. Any help with this would be apreciated! Thanks
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

shade tree landscaping,

Good question! We have a "Find a Dealer" link on our homepage that will help you find the closest dealers in your area. Our web address is www.exmark.com. The tool also lists the dealer information like address, phone #, website, etc. Your best bet would be to call some local dealers and see if they can set up the type of demo you are looking for. Let us know how it goes!

3. shade tree landscaping

Yes I know about the the find a dealer web page, and about calling around. Didnt know if you gys at exmark would be able to make my already busy life a little easier with some help on telling me who would at least have that machine in stock / avaible to demo. Thanks though, I will get on the phone shortly
  4. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

the distributor actually is the one who deals with the dealers and deals with their stock availability. it goes from exmark to the distributor to the dealer to the consumer.
  5. shade tree landscaping

MIKE LT any ideas on how to find ou and contact the distributor in my area? Called 2 dealers today and neither had one in stock to demo. Thanks any insight would be appreicated!
  6. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

lenny or casey can probably give you info on the distributor to your dealers, i seriously doubt that your dealer will give you that info..

exmark guys?
  7. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

the guys are out of the office for this week and said not to expect any replies.

I have tested specially requested demos that my dealer didnt have in his stock and in that situation, he called his rep and the rep brought each unit to the dealer for me. I happen to have the reps cell number from some damage control he did for me but I think having their number is a a rarity.

In your situation, tell the dealer to get you what you want to demo and it will happen. You may have to tell them to talk to their rep but ultimately a demo will show up. In peak season, they have a number of units just for this that the rep brings to different dealers; I have purchased demo models before and suggest that this time of year many of the demos may have already been sold. Your demo may not have the exact engine you want to test but it will be close. For example, I demoed at 31/66 one week when I really wanted to test a 28/66.