1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lazer armrests - Down or UP?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AboveTheCut, Jun 27, 2005.

1. AboveTheCut

AboveTheCut LawnSite Member

Saturday - after raising my armrest momentarily while on a slope (so i could lean over) I decided to leave them up for a while. It seemed to me to work better with the armrest out of the way. I'm not sure if this is just in my head or not and curious to know if anyone else has noticed this.
  2. ken0564

ken0564 LawnSite Member

run down, never thought about it,,will try.
  3. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

I think they are a waste of money. Of all the ZTR mowers I have owned I have never used the armrests. I do a lot of weight shifting on hills and they do get in the way. So mine are always up and out of the way.
  4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

It's sorta like buying a lazyboy chair with no armrests isn't it?
  5. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I happen to like the arm rests... If i need to pick one up it takes 2 seconds,dont even slow down. I guess i must not mow enough hills
  6. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

i have always mowed with them up, they get in the way when im mowing. like when i go over bumps and stuff my arms come off of them and it's annoying. so i keep mine up. my hands are resting on the controls, so i don't really need anything extra to support the rest of my arms.
  7. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

I keep them down, never really tried them up. :)
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I always leave them down. However, sometimes when I get into a rougher ground, I can run a straighter line one handed.

RKISTNER1 LawnSite Member

I only use them when my neighbor hands me a beer,to rest my elbow on.
  10. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I think they are a wise investment because they are foldable. Personally, I prefer them down.