1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lazer AS vs Dixie Chopper Classis vs Ferris IS3100Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by STLlawnboy, Mar 14, 2008.

1. STLlawnboy

STLlawnboy LawnSite Member

Need opinions on new Z mower. Looking at Exmark Lazer AS 60" with 28 kaw, Dixie Chopper Classis 60" with 27 generac, and Ferris IS3100z 61" with 32 vanguard big block. What mower provides best cut and comfort. I like that dixie has dual blade adapter wonder if it could be used on other mowers.
  2. WE MOW IT

WE MOW IT LawnSite Member

You Cant Beat The Quality Ride Of A Ferris. The 3100 Will Cut 7.2 Acres An Hour At 12mph, Plus Not Beat You And The Mower To Heck! Its Well Worth The Money!
  3. STLlawnboy

STLlawnboy LawnSite Member

any other opinions
  4. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

you can run double blades on any mower-
    did you try a search? Lots of post already like this.My .02- exmark best cut- ferris great ride- good cut, dixie-never tryied

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I have owned all three of the brands mentioned. The Dixie and the Exmark are going to cut better than the ferris. The ferris will ride better for awhile. The Dixie will be working for a much longer time or should I say a longer lifed unit! If I was looking at a classic I would look at the HP version and get either the Kohler 30 or the 33 generac! Also the HP comes with the bigger fuel tanks and suspension front end!
  6. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

If you want quality of cut get the exmark. I have ran multiple dixies and they never cut near as well as the exmark. I have only mowed a little with one ferris and was not impressed with the cut quality, but will admit the ride was nice. However i would rather have a mower that cut better and sacrifice ride quality.
  7. D & J Lawn Care

D & J Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I have a 07 dixie classic with the 27generac and a 46exmark hp over cut and fit and finish the exmark all the way the dixie cuts what my ex can't Bahia because i leave the mulch kit on the exmark if i had to choose only one it would be the exmark I did drag a 600lbs pgmy palm with my dixie to a different location on the property and i have a couple 3acre plus accounts where the dixie do save me the time

Picture 002.jpg

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Depends on what you are doing! The stuff I mow the dixie does a much better job! But the exmark is not far behind it! The ferris is way behind both of them in the cutting area!