Lazer CT Price

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by jsala, Apr 5, 2003.

1. jsala

jsala LawnSite Member

I have a Lazer HP 48", and love it. My father-in-law wants a ZTR for his use but can't swing the $6500+ for an HP. So I checked out the new CT (48" with a Kohler 18 horse engine) at my dealer to see how well it was built. I must admit i was pretty impressed with it. The dealer told me he would sell me a CT for $5399.00 and that this was an excellent price. I know this unit is real new, but can anyone confirm if this price is good or not?

Thanks...

2. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

The price is good. So is the mower.

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Jsla,

Thanks for the post. The $5399 is about $200 below what I would call MSRP. He's being pretty fair that's for sure.

Please let me know if we can be of any further assistance.

Thanks

Terry

4. jsala

jsala LawnSite Member

Thanks Terry,

Normally I would be reasonably pleased with a price a couple hundred under MRSP for a unit with limited availability, but I am not too sure here. My main concern is that the CT is soooo new! I hear rumors that this unit is in limited production due to the acknowledgement by Exmark that there will be some bugs to work out. I trust Exmark does good R&D, at least compared to some of the horror stories I hear from other manufacturers, but can we really expect the same level of performance from this unit out of the gate? Also, I must admit even my HP has had around 3 recalls since I have had it, so maybe that explains my skepticism.

Thanks...

John

P.S. Exmarks handling of problems has been excellent by the way. They do go the extra mile to keep the customer accommodated for recalls and the like.

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Jsala,

Thanks for the post.

Just to put your mind at ease the rumor regarding the limited number of units over "bugs" is just that, a rumor. Generally any production bugs are eliminated before the actual production begins. We've got several checks and balances in place to find most if not all of the "bugs".

As far as the recalls go, rest assured we had our customer’s best interests in mind. While the issue we were addressing may not have been limited to just Exmark products we did do what we felt was the right thing and updated every machine that we had ever built. Granted this may not have been the best business decision if your only looking at dollars and cents but we felt it was the right thing to do.

The CT is a good machine. It's not everything a Lazer HP is but it's still built better than just about any Z built prior to the original Lazer Z. This is still a commercial grade machine with proven, reliable components and should give several years of service in a variety of applications.

Good luck,

Thanks

Terry