1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lazer CT Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tothmow, Apr 15, 2007.

1. tothmow

tothmow LawnSite Member

Can anyone tell me the trim width on the 2006 Exmark Lazer CT with 48" deck? Also, I looked on the website and couldnt figure out what kind of deck it is...I know its not a Triton deck. Is it the Trivantage deck?

Thanks for the assistance.

(FYI, I know this seems more appropriate for the Exmark sponsor forum but I posted this in the Exmark forum twice and for some reason it doesnt show up as a post).
  2. 12thKY

12thKY LawnSite Member
    from ky

The ct has a trivantage deck. Cuts good but is subject to clog in wet grass (ie crabgrass) and you will have to scrap it out quite frequently. It doesn't have a lot of trim, and if you're not carefull you'll run over things with the rear wheel since it is so close to the deck edge. I can't say specifically how much trim it has since I just traded mine off.
  3. tothmow

tothmow LawnSite Member

Thanks much. Can I ask what engine your unit had? The one I am looking at has the 18HP Vanguard and I was wondering how it performed generally and if you thought it was underpowered.

Thanks again.
  4. 12thKY

12thKY LawnSite Member
    from ky

Mine also had an 18 horse and it had plenty of power. With the deck however it didn't do to well in high and/or wet grass. On regular grass it cut excellent, but did leave stringers on weeds and vegetation with a stalk or somewhat stringy.
  5. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

The trivantage deck cuts great. It clogs up no more than any other deck out there. I have never seen a mower that wouldnt clog up in really bad conditions. Our Lazer HP 48" has the trivantage deck and it still cuts great to this day. It has 2,200 hours on it.
  6. DJL50

DJL50 LawnSite Senior Member

I looked at the Exmark CT but went with the twin unit under the Toro Estate 400 name. . The deck on the Toro is offset to better trim with. The deck on the CT has a 7 Gage sides and a 10ga top. The Toro is all 7 gage. the Toro has 10" more leg room. The 48" and 52" 2007 models has a Kawasaki engine. The 2006 48" Had a Kohler. I like my Toro a lot and it cuts very well.The Toro was better built and cost less in my area over the Exmark.

Just FYI. Exmark is owned by Toro.