1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lazer CT

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Josh18, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Josh18

Josh18 LawnSite Member
    from AL

I am trying to find out who is running the CT and any thoughts you have on them. I only have 13 accounts and will not get any more due to college. Also, None of my accounts are over 1/2 acre. I can get a good deal on the 48/18 CT, but before i buy I want to hear some opinions. thanks
  2. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

i have sold many of the ct lazers mostly to home owners for who
    it is intended. i also have sold a few to some one man shows
    those are the guys that have only a couple of yards and there
    own yard
    from what i have seen, so far so good just a few problems that all
    mowers have. a bad switch or pully all under warranty. for what you have to do it should serve you well it uses tryed and tested
    cmoponets and it has that exmark cut that all others are compaired to
    sadly i dont stock this mower due to its engine (single cyld.)
    i sell all the ones with the 19hp twin. the extra hp is well worth the money
  3. Josh18

Josh18 LawnSite Member
    from AL

anyone else have any thoughts?
  4. lawnmowingboys

lawnmowingboys LawnSite Member

I currently run a 52"/19HP Kaw. CT. All on residential lawns. I have had no trouble with the unit; however, only have 40hours on the machine.

I ran a walk behind prior and have noticed the CT drastically reduced my mowing time.

I was first hesitant to run the CT on the smallest yards. I installed a QwikChute blade blocker (discharge blocker) and I can get around even the smallest yard better than what I first thought I could.

I like the CT for residential lawns due to the drive tire size. The tires are a little smaller; however, they are wider. I don't leave tire footprints even in the dampest of yards.

The tire size was the main reason I purchased this unit.

There is no real difference between the CT and the bigger Lasers. I think the scale it is built is the only difference. Exmark isn't using a lower quality of parts just because it is a smaller machine.