lazer cuts unlevel

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Hookset, Jul 14, 2002.

1. Hookset

Hookset LawnSite Member

My 60 " lazer ztr shows where all three blades cut on turf type bermudia grass. I've had it to the dealer twice to level the deck and still the same problem. It also cuts lower on turns. I've checked tire pressure and changed blades, still the same problem. Any suggestion to what might be the problem. There does seem to be a difference in height between the blades but a slight one.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hookset,

Thanks for the note. You've done a good job of checking things and providing some good.

The problem of cutting low in turns should be an easy one to fix and with luck it will take care of the other problem as well.

Every time I've experienced a problem with a zero turn cutting low in the turns it's always come down to tire pressure. Some machines for whatever reason can start to cut low in turns after they get a few hundred hours on the tires. It's rare for this to occur with 13-14 psi in all four tires but it does happen. The fix is simple. Add another 3-6 psi to the tires and the problem goes away. What I believe is happening is that as you turn the weight transfers from one side of the machine to the other. This causes the tires on the outside to "squat" as more weight is transferred to them. This "squat" allows one side of the machine to drop just a little.

We've also seen many tires of different styles, types etc. do this at slightly higher tire pressures. Many of the floatation tires are especially susceptible to this condition.

As far as the blade height goes you’ll want to line them up tip to tip and they should be with in one blade thickness of each other.

Add some pressure to the tires, especially the drive tires to take care of the low cut in the turns and then let me know if the fixes the other problem as well.

Thanks

Terry

3. Hookset

Hookset LawnSite Member

Thanks Terry, I'll get back to you on thursday when I cut the thick bermudia yard.

4. Hookset

Hookset LawnSite Member

Terry,
    Took my mower back today and he says the deck was bent slightly. They said they could straighten it.

5. eXmark

Hookset,

At least we've figured out what’s going on. Your dealer shouldn't have any trouble at all straightening the deck and should have you up and running in no time.

Thanks

Terry

6. Hookset

Hookset LawnSite Member

My exmark is back at the dealer, he said he would contact you guys Monday. Still get a bad cut, you can see where all three blades cut. It cuts low on right and left turns. We don't have a clue so far.

7. eXmark

Hookset,

Thanks for the update. E-mail me at terry.eckert@exmark.com with your dealer name and I'll call him myself.

Thanks

Terry

8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

just a comment . ive hita steel 4 inch pipe at 3/4 throttle and it stopped the machine dead. just dented the trim side front a tiny bit. i cant imagine what it would take to bend the whole deck on a 60 inch lazer. short of a full-fledged highway wreck.like i say ,just a comment.

9. Hookset

Hookset LawnSite Member

Deck wasn't bent after all. Still unsure of whats going on. Cuts good crop circles on turns.

10. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Hookset,

Are you running a 'double blade' configuration when this is occuring?