lazer dampner

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by awm, Mar 2, 2002.

1. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

thinking i need an upgrade in this dept . mine is 96 an
    is suject to jump on the start ,moreso than in the past .
    id be interested in a ballpark on getting this done.
    thanks a head of time .other than that this 96 runs just like the new ones i demo occasionally.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

awm:

When you move the drive levers forward and backwards, do you feel any resistance? If you have no or little resistance, you are probably right. The dampeners should be replaced. I would do this as soon as you can. Running the unit with a bad set of dampeners is real hard on the hydro pumps, and I would hate to replace one or both of these.

I'm not sure how much it would cost to have your dealer replace the dampeners. You could do it yourself. It's pretty easy, and I think the dampeners cost about $35 each. If you don't want to try it yourself, I would contact your local Exmark Dealer, and ask them how much they would charge to replace the dampeners.

Here to help,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Support

3. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member

you mean the gas damper right? they are simple to replace.(at least on our bobcat mowers) 2 bolts to remove, take off damper, and put in new. you will be happy you did this. no more slop in the arms after they are replaced.

i dont know of price on exmark factory replacement dampers. but, on a bobcat they are very expensive, and as a result, we use aftermarket replacements.

bobcat factory replacement=$85.00 each side

aftermarket= $30.00 each side

if price is an issue, you can order the exmark aftermarket replacement dampers through the J. Thomas company.

1-800-828-7980
    part no. D-30
    replaces OEM NO. 1-523027
    $21.50 each side

good luck,

kevin

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

ive got some resistance but expect i better get new ones .
    thanks for the replies.i do luv this mower.dont tell my wife tho,
    she thinks shes still my one an only:)