Lazer engine troubles

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by jalawn, May 25, 2004.

1. jalawn

jalawn LawnSite Member

I have a 2002 Lazer 60" with the 37 Kohler. I hav e this intermitent prob with the throttle. Every once in a while, when I turn on the blades, the engine will rev up, then down. It will do it all day. It will start doing it, won't do it for a few weeks, and do it again. I sprayed the heck out of the whole governor mechanism, and it seems to work ok for now. What causes this??? It screws up my whole day when it does this, because it won't cut at full RPMs.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Jalawn,

This is just a guess but it sounds like you'll need to have your dealer re-adjust the governor.

Terry

3. 1more2buy

1more2buy LawnSite Member

You may want to check your fuel sometimes you get a little water in the fuel bowl and with the extra load she really starts sucking fuel and pulls in water. try checking your tanks and fuel cans this new gas loves water. we know guys leave their can outside a lot and the hot and cold and open cans create water. where it is coming and going I would believe you have more of a problem with something in the fuel rather than adjustment.