lazer eps or lazer lc 27 Kaw.

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by wildbilly1113, Mar 6, 2002.

1. wildbilly1113

wildbilly1113 LawnSite Member

My dealer has lazer 60 eps and lazer lc 27kaw. for 8000.What is the msrp. on thse units? I am having hard time deciding which one to get.Does the extra weight of the lc kaw. cause it to rut more.I do mostly residentials so would the eps be better for me?Thanks!

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

wildbilly1113:

$8000 for the 27-hp Liquid Cooled unit is a great price. The MSRP on it is $9499, so that's quite a discount.

There is a 242 lbs. difference from the EPS to the Liquid-Cooled Lazer Z, so if you're concerned about weight and tearing up the turf, the EPS may be your best choice. The frame is basically the same on each unit, and they both have the same size tires, but to be honest, I don't know how much of a difference you're going to see in terms of tearing up the turf from one unit to the other. We don't hear much at all about the 27-hp Liquid-Cooled Lazer. It just goes out and cuts grass.

You can make either unit tear the turf when turning, and I haven't ever heard of any rutting complaints on either of the two units. I guess, if the grass was super-saturated and it was during the springtime, you may see a deeper impression in the grass from the tire on the 27-hp unit. I would think that you would also be able to see an impression from the 1071 lbs. Lazer Z EPS mower. It just wouldn't be quite as pronounced.

Some residents can get pretty picky about their lawns though, so it's a good thing that you're keeping their best interests in mind when making your decision. Make another post if you have any other questions.

Here to help,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Support