Lazer got wet- runs poorly

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lazer 46, Aug 20, 2003.

1. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

Got caught in a 30 minute downpour the other day. My 26hp EPS Lazer has 120hrs. on it and ran great until it got soaking wet. It now seems to have periods of running rough and then clearing up. Mowed for an hour and it ran great, when I got home and took it off the trailer it ran rough, even backfired. Obviously something got wet and caused this, but what?

2. NYRookie

NYRookie LawnSite Member

Check your air filter. I had a similar problem a month ago. It wanted to skip and try to stall on me. I always get caught in the rain and I pressure wash my lazer every week and I have not had a water issue yet. Hope this helps.

3. Dry out the spark plug boots.

4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Could be water in the carb. Shut off the gas and run it till the line empties, and it dies. Turn the gas back on, and if that was the problem it will run fine.

5. Errr fuel injected.. not a chance.

Do not do this on purpose.

6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

yeah i guess not

7. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

our lazers get caught out in the rain daily, they have ran fine though, you sure this is the problem?

8. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

perhaps its water in the gas tank? run some dry gas in there. or water in any of the controls for the EFI?

9. MARYLANDMOWER

MARYLANDMOWER LawnSite Member

Wiring harness for the Electronics. Need to dry it out and put Dielectric grease on it

10. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Make sure you don't have water in the computer. My dealer had a couple EFI units that had this problem, and it was causing the same problems that you described.