Lazer Handles

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SIG, May 7, 2002.

1. SIG

SIG LawnSite Member

I have an Exmark Lazer that is 2 years old- my problem, when you pull the handles in to start moving they touch each other at the tips, this is a problem for turning, they are also very loose as compared to my newer Lazer which is only 1 year old, there is at least a 2" space between the tips on my new one. Any suggestions on how to fix/ adjust this problem.

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Mine are adjustable at the base of the handles. Loosen the two bolts at the base of each lever, and pull back out, tighten up, and mow!

3. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

That adjustment if front to back, not side to side.

It's probably not in the manual, but here's what WE do:

When you "open" the handles to get off, exert a little more pressure when they come to their stop. (Just bend them a little.)

Loose? could be your dampner is out and needs replacement (very common problem.)

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Your right Kent!

Looked at mine. Cant see how they could hit without the lever itself acutally bending (not likely). Or if there is mechanical breakage. There are bolts to prevent them from coming in to far, if one of these are broke, then this could cause them to hit.

Are you sure that the levers are hitting, and not just that the foam rubber slipped inward? If they are real loose, I'd bet you broke or lost one of those bolts. Time to investigate! And compare the 2 units!

5. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

put them in the lock position and bend them to where they should be.

6. SIG

SIG LawnSite Member

I have checked everything mentioned so far, the handles do not appear to be bent, all the bolts are in tack. It seems like it has gotten progressivly worse. Time to go to the dealer I guess. Thank You all for your help!

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

put a good thick washer between the handle and where it bolts to the hydro control..