Lazer HP 11hours

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Nredo, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Nredo

Nredo LawnSite Member

Just bought a HP 19-46 and have put 11 hours on it mowing my home lawn. It now has a major Hydro leak around the right wheel. although the Dealer says he will fix it "no problem" I'm worried about this 6K mower giving me more trouble in the future. I thought this would be a very reliable mower but I have mixed feelings about it now.
    Anyone know if the HP's have problems like this or is it a freak thing I should not worry about ?

2. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

I do not no for a fact, but I would say that it just one of those things. Exmark has built a very reliable mower that is made for the commercial mower.So has a homeowner this mower will last you for years. I wouldnt be too concerned about it.
  3. Nredo

Nredo LawnSite Member

I bought the mower so I would have a trouble free mower for years to come and now I'm stuck having to bring it back to the dealer with 11 hours on it. I dont have a trailer and the dealer wants 50 bucks to pick it up to fix it under warranty.
    just another problem for me here in the Hurricane Katrina disaster zone !!

Like things were not bad enough, now my mower is broken LOL
  4. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

My lazer z started leaking after I changed the hydro filter. I didnt use a exmark filter and the filter that crossed over didnt seal correctly. Went with another filter to fix the problem. I made sure that the filtering specs were correct. Have had no problems since.
  5. Nredo

Nredo LawnSite Member

I will bring it to the shop in the morning ... I'll post back when I find out more
  6. Ty Webb

Ty Webb LawnSite Member

New mower with a leak and they want to charge you to transport it. I would tell them to bring you a loaner as well when they pick it up, change the oil while they have yours, sharpen the blades, wash it, and fill your up with premium gas or just come and get it and bring you a full refund!!! That bites..

7. Larry1

Larry1 LawnSite Member

Yeah, I'm cool with everything but the 50 bucks for transport. It is a great machine, and this is a freak thing, but the dealer sucks.
  8. Nredo

Nredo LawnSite Member

The more I thought about it the hotter I got !!

I emailed Ex-mark just now and told them basically, I wanted the dealer to pickup and deliver the machine, fix it, sharpen the blades, change the oil, all for free. I also told them that if that seemed unreasonable I would aggressively seek a full refund and buy another brand !!

Plus there is a huge oil stain on my shed floor !

Waiting for there answer
  9. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Look like new Triton is going 26" way like last year...oh no.
    Anyway, I hope eXmark takes care of this or something comes up otherwise it is ugly.
    best luck.
  10. tylermckee

tylermckee LawnSite Member
    from wa

Thats nuts that they want to charge you for transport, with only 11 hours if you were a lawn company that could have been as little as one working day. hell they should do everything you told them you want done, AND buy you lunch.