Lazer HP 2001-2002

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by maacla, Sep 24, 2001.

1. maacla

maacla LawnSite Member

My dealer has some great year end deals on the 52 HP but I may end up with a 2001 model. I need to know if the 2002 model has any changes that would make me consider holding off till spring. Thanks for your prompt input. Mike
  2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

they may start putting the foot deck lift onum ,as so many people have ask for it. its worth having on even if you have to put it on yourself.
  3. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare LawnSite Member

What do you guys think of the 44" or the 48". Is it worth the money. How about the performance. I own a 48" lesco-hydro now but am looking for something different. Would the 44" be a good choice so i can get it through back yards or should i stay with the 48". I dont want to go any larger than a 48" since i need to be able to get it in the back of a van--econoline van. Thanks
  4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

that depends on how big the gates are. go big as you can .
    but only u know your mowing situation. later
  5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Time to buy a trailer!

The 44" and 48" are a little odd looking, as the decks aren't any wider than the tires. It would almost be impossible to go around a tree ring without your rear tires being in the mulch. I think the 52"ers and up are your best bet in a Z for trimmability and production. Any smaller, go with a walkbehind.

HOWARD JONES LawnSite Member

maacla, do search "new products for 2002" - Exmark said the new models will be out mid-November. Maybe sandman or one of the other Exmark guys would answer your questions about new features coming privately or on the site. I think they would, since apparently the 2002 prototype line was on display at the Louisville Expo.
  7. a1 lawncare

a1 lawncare LawnSite Member

i bought a year end deal 52" hp with 23 kaw, and the dealer is adding the deck lift when it comes in, also a cup holder, i am very happy with my exmark.

good luck, keith
  8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The 44" doesn't have much deck out on the trim side. The 48" and 52" you can get real close to eliminate a lot of trimming. As you posted, between the two, the 48" is the only way to go. The downside to the 48" verses the 52" is the speed. The 52" has the speed of the full size lazers.
  9. maacla

maacla LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input guys. After getting a reply from Exmark stating that the changes of :foot assist pedal, cup holder, aluminum hydro fluid reservoir and larger gas tank fill hole were added to the 2002 model I think I am going to take a chance on getting a good deal when they are available. The mowing season is pretty well over here in Pa. The dealer understood and said he would give me a call with a price as soon as they were available to him. He was not aware of the changes. Thanks Mike
  10. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

I own a 44" Lazer HP and it works great! True there is only about a 1/2" of deck sticking out past the tires, but with a little practice you become just as good w/ it as any mower thaht had any more "overhang". I am able to (nine times out of ten) trim so close to any kind of obstacle that it only requires one pass with a trimmer to get what i couldn't get. And some times I can actually fet so close in some areas that I don't have to come back and trim. Just takes a little practice. In my situation the 44" Lazer was the best possible mower because there have been many instances where I could just barely fit my mower yet a 48" would absolutely not have been able to do it. I was actually suprised how many times that has happened honestly. There have been very few times though, that I couldn't fit my mower. However your situation may be different. Just some food for your thought!