Lazer hp 23 horse Kaw Problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Premo Services, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a lazer hp with 23 kawasaki
    I am noticing that while cutting, just every once in a while, when I move the levers to do a turn that when I go forward with the left lever, it will hesitate and then take off. It does not do this all the time, but is bugging me. Anyone had this happen to them?
    What is the answer?

2. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

If you can see the tire is it spinning? In a hydraulic system if you engage it , it should move. Sometimes when the machine is not responding to input it is because your wheels are spinning. If they are not slipping check your pump dump valves. These valves bypass the wheel motors so you can push a dead machine. One of the valves may be slightly open.

3. Premo Services

Actually, it is the motor that hesitates. Sort of cuts out then goes.

4. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Well this is embarassing but I had a similar problem this spring. It ended up being a dirty air filter. Engine would bobble every once in a while in a turn. Also check the gas tanks for water. A little water sure seams to upset those Kaws. You should have a drain screw for your carb float bowl. Loosen it and drain fuel from bowl. Hope you find the problem.

5. Premo Services

Yup!!!!!!!:D
    That sounds like mit might be the problem, water in fuel... It was on trailer comming home and had quite a few downpours here latley. Thanks for responses....