Lazer HP 44

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by NRJ1966, Jan 13, 2006.

1. NRJ1966

NRJ1966 LawnSite Member
    from GEORGIA

I am looking at a Lazer HP 44 with a 19 hp Kawasaki, I wish to bag bermuda, my question is 19 hp enough to bag? and will the bagger slow the blades down? or is the rpm's turned up for the bagger? thanks for any help.

2. Dixie Bluegrass

Dixie Bluegrass LawnSite Member

I have an Exmark Lazer Z hp 44 with a 17hp Kawasaki. Are you talking about bagging the clippings with a rear mounted bagger or side discharge bagger? I have a side discharge bagger and it works great with my machine. I believe the rear mounted bagger has a blower that uses the same belt that drives the blades. I haven't used one of those yet but I don't think that it should bog the engine down.

3. NRJ1966

NRJ1966 LawnSite Member
    from GEORGIA

I think I would like the side discharge better, Did you get that from Exmark or from who? thanks

4. Dixie Bluegrass

Dixie Bluegrass LawnSite Member

I got one of those accelerator baggers. Blows dust and clippings all over you. I need to get a dust cover. You cannot use an exmark cloth bagger on the machine because of the somewhat narrow deck. I would suggest getting the accelerator WITH a dust cover or be prepared to suffer. I got mine for $325.