Lazer Hp 48inch with kaw 21hp for $6500.00

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by msloop77, Apr 17, 2004.

1. msloop77

msloop77 LawnSite Member

Guys the local exmark dealer has a demo exmark lazer hp 48inch with a 21hp kaw engine for $6500.00 It only about 18hours on it. Is this a good deal, what do they usually retail for. Would you skip the exmark and get a Gravely 148pm for $6199.00 brand new. Any advice would be great. mark

2. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

hello mark,
    i sell exmarks for a living $6500.00is not bad but your dealer could still go down a few hundred and still make some money
    try to get him to go 500.00 less and meet in the middle

3. msloop77

msloop77 LawnSite Member

anybody else have any advice to give. mark

4. You should know the 48 has little to no trim side..it gets a little tough around lawn edgeing retaining walls etc etc ...dunno if it still the case but the 48 we had ..had a lessor ground speed then the 52 hp..it was 8.1 and the 52 was 9.5.
    id try to get him down to about 5800 to 6000.

5. WAGS LandL

WAGS LandL LawnSite Member

I have that same exmark. I bought mine new in 2002 for $6800.00 so I think you could get the price down from your dealer
    The previous poster makes a good point about side trim but I
    have not encountered any problem with that and the ground speed is the same as the 52" on this model. I would say that the
    exmark is the way to go I have no complaints about mine and with the 21hp kawi, you have plenty of power.

6. Nope it is not ..i looked up the exmark specs the ground speed for the 48 is still 8.1 and the 52 is 9.5

7. msloop77

msloop77 LawnSite Member

does everyone prefer the exmark over the gravely. anyone seen the eye q operator system on the gravely. likes/dislikes. mark

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Please demo both mowers and let me know what you think of them.

One thing I like about the gravely 100 series is a whole lot of bang for the buck and those BIG front castor tires. You learn to appreciate that after a while of running little narrow 11x4-5 castors. I hate mine. All Z's should have fat 13" or 15" tires.

9. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

the 48" HAS Trim sides now about four and 1/2 inches on either SIDE!!!