1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lazer HP is cutting bad...please help Photo included!

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by btbej, Jun 3, 2004.

1. btbej

btbej LawnSite Member

I have posted this in lawnsite but was not sure if posting it here would help at all. I am having a problem with my Lazer HP and have included a photo to show the problem. My dealer adjusted the deck and the problem is still there. Can anyone help with this issue. This mower only has 80 hours on it and I am ashamed to say but my neighbors craftsman almost cuts better!

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Thanks for the photo. Can we assume you this is a 44" or 48" deck.

On some grasses these decks can leave a cut that is less "clean" looking that what we would expect from an Exmark deck.

On those lawns simply set the deck rake betwee zero and 1/8" MAXIMUM, then set the engine rpms for 3600-3650 with the blades engaged but not cutting any grass and you should see everything clear up quite a bit. If the RPM's are set a little low, then you engage the blades, then you get the mower in some grass etc. you can scrub off quite a bit of blade speed. The key is to have everything set right to begin with and all should go well after than.

If you'd like I can call the dealer and talk to him. Just send me a pm to terry.eckert@exmark.com with your name, your serial number and the name of your dealer and I'll see what I can do.

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Looks like too much deck rake from here(as Terry has suggested) but the pics aren't too great to see it.
  4. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 LawnSite Member

How do i go about adusting the RPM's?
  5. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Could you explain why too much deck rake would cause a problem?
  6. eXmark

Bruce 32,

Give me a call at 800-667-5296. It's a rather lengthy explaination and I think it will be easier to understand via phone than e-mail.

7. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

What exactly is deck rake, is that the level of the deck.
  8. eXmark

Deck rake/pitch is the angle that the deck sits front to back in relation to the ground.

9. rami

rami LawnSite Member

Ok Terry, how in the world did you know that this is a48" deck?
  10. eXmark

The same way I knew that there could only be one Rami in St. Paul MN. I'm psychotic or psychic or something like that. How's it going buddy. I got your e-mail and I apologize if I caught you off guard.

It's the stripe in the lawn in relation to the tire stripe. The 48's leave a very distinctive pattern when the rake is too steep or if the rpm's are low. It's always tough to tell from a photo.........is was sorta taking a gamble really. If I gues it right I look really smart............if I guess wrong I just didn't have enough information. It's a win win for me. I either get to pat myself on the back or I get to give my self a pitty party because I didn't have enough information to solve the problem.