Lazer HP Mulch Kit (fitting probs)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TurfPro, Oct 28, 2002.

1. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

I installed my Micro Mulch kit on my new Lazer HP 52",,but ran into a couple probs :

1. I had to re-drill 4-5 of the holes because they were too low in relation to the holes on the deck. About 1 bolt hole width off.

2. On the discharge side baffle,,the big one,,,,after installation I noticed that it hanges down past the skirt of the mower deck.It only does this in one spot......... if I could fit my camera under there I'd snap a pic.
    Has anyone noticed this when installing theirs?
    Thanks

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Nope, never seen that. Sounds like you got the wrong mulch kit. If I remember correctly there is only 4 bolts that hold the kit to the front factory baffle, 1 in each center section, and a couple up top. You need to check the part and I would suggest posting or calling the guys at the factory. Fred or Dustin should be able to help on this one very quickly. They are pretty good for a couple of desk jockeys.:D

3. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

Yes 65hoss, it's the front holes that go to the factory baffle that don't line up,,plus the block off plate was off quite a bit also.........

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like the wrong kit. These things are drilled from templates that would never change. They do thousands of them. I bet you got a kit for a full size lazer instead of an HP. The decks are different. The full size lazers are a deeper deck.

5. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

Ruh-Roh :eek:

I'll bet your right,,,how/who do I contact?

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Call Fred or Dustin at eXmark.

7. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

65Hoss,

I Emailed Dustin and got a reply the same day!:D

Sure 'nuff , I had the kit for the full size Lazer,I called my dealer and he was cool about it(even though I've used it :eek: )

To me ,this is a PRIME EXAMPLE of why to go with a company that has support available to you at any moment.
    Good work Exmark