Lazer Hp ocdc problems...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnalternatives, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Lawnalternatives

Lawnalternatives LawnSite Member

What do I need to do to keep grass from coming out of the front side of the deck when I have the ocdc down? I have looked at the underside of the damn thing 100 times and can't figure out why grass continues to shoot up from the front of the deck instead of staying inside and semi-mulching. I know someone else has had this same problem.

"I have been to two county fairs and a goat molesting and this is the damnest thing I have seen!"

2. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I have the same mower. I don't have that problem unless I leave the mower up to high (say driving from one part of the yard to another). You may want to check and make sure your blades are not upside down.

3. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

It is just to much lift when the ocdc is down. I had this problem with the mulch kit and double blades, the air that is lifted up has to go somewhere. I tested this again with just the block off plate on before I spent the dough on an ocdc. I don't think there is any remedy other than low lift blades but who would want to do that. It sucks that when the ocdc is down the grass still goes were you don't want it to.

4. Lawnalternatives

The lift is the same thing that I am hearing from the dealer. I may put on some standard blades and see what happens.

5. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

6. Lawnalternatives

I will look into that. I think the problem is from running doubles. Too much lift. I will ask about the baffles though.

7. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

Jeremy.... I run doubles also at times....... this baffle works...... not a lot of $$$ If you're gonna go anywhere near leaves with that machine, GET ONE! or spend you day chasing the leaves that blow AWAY from the deck.......

8. Lawnalternatives

I agree. Thanks for the help. I will get one this week.