Lazer Hp or JD 737?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pinehilllandscaping, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Pinehilllandscaping

Pinehilllandscaping LawnSite Member

Im looking into buying a new ZTR this week and I am having a hard time deciding between these two machines. I have heard a few complaints about the Deeres, but it seems like alot of people are having problems with the Triton decks. Any input would be appreciated

2. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Don't know much about the JD 737....We added a 56" hp w/triton deck in June and love it!What problems are they having....I have not been on here in awhile

3. Pinehilllandscaping

Pinehilllandscaping LawnSite Member

From the other threads I read in the exmark sponsor forums there are problems with the new Triton decks bending grass down and leaving standing strips requiring double cuts. I was hoping if anyone new if the problem has been fixed by exmark.

4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I bought a JD 717A, 48" 7 Iron II deck, this past May. The quality of cut is superb, leaving a carpet-like result. Clipping dispersal is wide and even.

I also have an Exmark Viking, TriAdvantage deck. It is clearly not the Triton deck, but the results from the JD are far better than the Exmark.

The grasses being mowed here are cool weather turf. You may have different mowing conditions, so your results could be different.

5. 7 IRON

7 IRON LawnSite Member
    from VT

As Far As Cut Quality,Have Had Nothing But Positive Feedback On The 7 IRON
    & 7 IRON II Mower Decks.As With Any Brand,They Will Always Have A Few Problems Here And There.:usflag:

6. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I would go with JD. If you love eXmark, try to find Ultracut or Trivantage deck, those two are eXmark's best. Honestly, I have not seen a single Triton rider running around in my area! They don't sell, why? I guess you tell me!

7. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Pinehill, I have both a deere and a exmark but my exmark has the uc deck so I cant say about the new tritons. The deer has smoother hydros and cuts bahai better than the exmark. However, I will not own another deere because of the awful dealer support we have here and awful would be an improvement!

8. lewdo

lewdo LawnSite Member

I bought a 737 this year and I love it! Still trying to figure out how to make them turns with out the divots, but I'm sure that's the operator and not machines problems. (This is my first ZTR). I never had an Exmark and honestly when I bought the JD I was leaning towards the Exmark, but the Exmark dealer made a big deal about letting me take one for the day. (By the way I never did get to demo the Exmark) The JD dealer had one delivered to my house and told me just call them back when I was done, no hurry. That pretty much sold me right there.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know... so I'm going to go with neither...

10. bbailey

bbailey LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

I have a JD 757 and it is all they say it is! Clipping dispersal is awesome, power is great and the hydros are smooth. My dealer support is really good here. They should have never let me demo the machine when I took my tractor in for service, cause now I own one!