Lazer HP or TTHP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Schlepie, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Schlepie

Schlepie LawnSite Member

Trying to solve my debate. I have a Metro 36 with a sulky and would like to add a larger mower. I am used to being on top of my jobs (on the sulky). I'd like to have the sit down , reverse capabilities of the Lazer but I think I'd like the TTHP with a sulky also. Is there an advantage of one over the other? $6300 is alot of cash to fork out for a 44" Lazer, are the TTHP's any cheaper for the same size. I think you can do the same things with it as the Lazer but I'm no sure.

Schlep

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

More functionality with a ZTR. To close in price in my opinion to waste the money buying a big w/b.

3. greensideup

greensideup LawnSite Member

Go with the rider & you will never imagine how you got by with out it. It seems like a lot of $, but it will make you more in the long run.:D

4. tazz

tazz LawnSite Member
    from georgia

Best choice i ever made was buying the 52 inch hp model.I also have a 44 inch lazer but the ride the speed and hill handling capabilities made the 52 a great choice. Keep the metro and you will have a great combo and blades are the same size.

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I've got both the TTHP and the LHP. The TTHP doesn't get very much use since I got the Lazer, if that tells you anything. One big plus for the rider is that you have a much better choice of collection systems. The Ultravac is working out great for me. Also faster, less fatigue, easier cutting height changes, and more horse power.

The down sides are it doesn't trim as well around smaller obstacles, and doesn't handle curbs and hills as well, although my Lazer handles hills better than my TTHP and sulky combination.

6. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have owned and used both (Lazer 52" and 48" TTHP) IMHO I feel the TTHP with the Exmark sitdown steerable sulky is a more versitile machine. Maybe not in speed but in all other situations. Don't get me wrong the Lazer hp was an excellent machine but for MY paticular situation the TTHP works the best.