Lazer HP owners.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rockstate, Feb 8, 2005.

1. rockstate

rockstate LawnSite Member

Which deck and engine size do you have and what are your opinions. productivity vs walk behind and cut quality.

2. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have an Hp 48" with 18 Kohler. Cuts GREAT. The 18 is plenty of power, even with mulch kit installed.
    ZTR will out produce a WB in almost all situations. Downside of a 48 or smaller ZTR is little to no trim side.

3. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

I have the same one as accuratelawn, but with a 18 hp Kawasaki. Excellent mower. And fast.

4. Stripe This

Stripe This LawnSite Member

52" w/ a 23 hp Kawi...we're always bagging via the UltraVac and anything less than the 23 would be a mistake if you're planning on bagging.

5. travis strecker

travis strecker LawnSite Member

i just ordered a lazer hp 19 horse kawaski with a 48 inch deck i get to pick it up wednesday

6. butler L&S

butler L&S LawnSite Member

23 Kawi 52" deck Lazer HP is a great combo. A 52" deck is going to go just about anywhere (95%) that a 48" can. I would not go any smaller than 23hp on a Lazer unless it's a 44".

7. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Mine is no longer offered I have a 44 lazer hp with the 20 hp kohler option. More power per inch then I got on my 60 inch lazer. Twice this fall I had to have the little lazer hp pull the big one out of a ditch or hill side with a chain.

8. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 48"HP. It did have a 19hp Kawi, but that blew up this fall after 1800 hours. It now has a 21hp Kawi in it. I love that machine. I bought a 60" Lazer right before Xmas, it has a 27 Kohler (I think, can't remember). Haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Mike

9. SamIV

SamIV LawnSite Senior Member

I have the 44" with a 18 Kohler. If I had to do it over again I would go with the 52". I could use the 52" on all of the properties where I use the 44". Never used a walk-behind. I have close to 50 accounts, nothing over an acre, most are 100 X 150 residential size lots. Have had 75 accounts at times. After 4 years with it , only have 660 hours on it. You are on it and off very quickly if you choose your accounts wisely. I spend much more time trimming than cutting. I do have a 21" proline that gets used about 10% of the time, so the Z is my main mower.

The downside is the trimming ability, something you get used to, and I've changed the spindles twice already. Very wet here and they don't seem to hold up under wet conditions.

SamIV

10. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

lazer hp 52 inch deck 23 kohler with mulch kit , cuts great , i think i would have preferred the kawi ,they seem to have more power ,but they cost a little more ,by the way a 52 inch exmark deck is really a 54 inch cut 3 blades at 18 inches = 54