1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lazer HP Question

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by DJ62233, Apr 10, 2007.

1. DJ62233

DJ62233 LawnSite Member

I'm looking to buy a 2007 HP with a 46" deck. I am having trouble deciding on which motor to get, the 19HP Kawasaki or step up to the 23HP Kawasaki. There is an almost $900 difference between the 2. The dealer said the 19 would be fine but I might not be able to mow flat out with it ( I doubt I do that anyway with the shape of my yard). I'll be mowing about 2 to 2 1/2 acres, all relatively flat. Help me decide guys. I'm glad I found this site!!
  2. Lisk

Lisk LawnSite Member

i'd go with the 19hp unless, your planning on your the ultra vac system then i'd go with the 23hp....
  3. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

19hp is fine for a 46" walk-behind, but I think you would want the 23hp for powering the added weight of the Z.
  4. talldaddy

talldaddy LawnSite Member

I bought my lazer z hp about 5 weeks ago. It has the 19hp kaw engine. It seems to have plenty of power to mow as fast as I am willing push it. The grass is not at a full stand so when we get the full summer grass I may have to slow down a bit. Seems to have plenty of power.
  5. DJ62233

DJ62233 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies. I bought the 19hp/46 yesterday. Should be delivered next week.