Lazer Hp Question

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by kamiakaze, Apr 24, 2007.

1. kamiakaze

kamiakaze LawnSite Member

I Purchased a 2006 lazer hp with a 50 inch triton deck in december, it was a demo with 100 hours on it, i recently took it back to the dealer to have the deck update done which by the way took 3 weeks and i dont think they did anything to it , i went and picked it up it was filthy dirty, and while it was there i had a turf stiper kit installed and bought 2 sets of blades, i went to put blades on and found out the outside blade was a gator blade with the other 2 being high lift blades is there a reason for this or was it a rip off so the customer thinks his mower has gator blades when it dosent, not to happy with the whole sitituation

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello Kamiakaze,
    The demo unit you bought might have been one of the test mowers that were trying out different blade configurations for a higher quality of cut. I do not think they trying to rip off anybody, they just forgot they had that blade setup on the mower.
    Brian

3. gassmark

gassmark LawnSite Member

My dealer told me that there wasn't any update for the 50' triton deck I run on my HP. They also downplayed the benefit of the higher BTS with this size of deck, saying it would promote build-up under the deck.

What's the real deal here?

4. eXmark

Hello Gassmark,
    There is an update kit for the 50" Triton deck. But what we have seen is the smaller decks have had few problems and the update kit is not always a cure all.
    Your dealer is correct with the higher BTS in the lush spring grass does promote build up under the deck.
    Did you run your mower last year or is it new? Because if it is working well don't make too many adjustments to the mower.
    If you have questions please contact the Exmark Service Dept. at 1-402-223-6375.
    Thanks,
    Brian

5. kamiakaze

kamiakaze LawnSite Member

what does the update kit consist of i think my dealer never did anything, also what are the part numbers for gator blades for a 50inch trinton deck, and how would i go about getting info on adjustment of the turf stipper that i had installed from the dealer

6. eXmark

Hello,
    There are three modifications to the update kit. Like we said earlier these mods work best on wider decks and if you are not mulching.
    1. Modify the flow control baffle between the center and discharge blade.
    2. Change the blade tip speed to levels closer to 19,000 FPM allowed by the safety standard.
    3. Add a scrowl baffle in the left hand cutting chamber to address an air flow
    turbulance issue between the left and center blade.

All of these modifications will be available in a single update kit based on the cutting width.
    All 2007 production units are being designed to these new standards.

The 103-9615 is the Exmark Extreme blade for the 50" Triton.

As far as Turf Striper adjustment give us a call at 402-223-6375.

Brian

7. kearneywalnut

kearneywalnut LawnSite Member

How long should it take to get these updates done?

I have a 2006 with now 22hours on it, and I am disgusted at the cutting performance of the 56triton deck on my Lazer HP. I have a 1996 Lazer Z that will outcut the triton deck any day of the week, in order on to leave strips behind when cutting 5" down to 3.5" I have to mow at 3-4mph, I feel like I just purchased a walker mower it is so slow. The higher the cut height the worse the problem, it also seems to be caused somewhat by where the caster wheels are placed and the matting of the grass by those wheels. I guess the higher BTS would pick up the matted grass better.

I have the 27hp Kohler, and sometimes at full throttle when not under a load the RPMS just bounce up and down like it is hitting a rev limiter, or it was choked out or something, whereas other times it is fine. The engine seems pretty powerless, as I have a 25hp on my 52", and it hardly ever slows down, whereas the 27 on the 56 bogs horribly, while consuming close to 2gallons an hour today which I thought was a bit ridiculous.

Thanks,

Kevin

8. Greenery

Greenery LawnSite Senior Member

HaHa ya should have bought a walker you wouldnt have any of that matted down grass from your front castors like you do on that tank ha hah ahahaha

9. kearneywalnut

kearneywalnut LawnSite Member

When was the last time you mowed over 6.7mph on your walker? Or got the opportunity to side discharge?

10. Greenery

Greenery LawnSite Senior Member

well iguess the last time i went over 6.7 on my walker was today as i went down a couple of hills hahaha no really 90% of my propertys are residential so it works perfect for those. yes exmarks are going to get done faster on large flat wide open properties I think most every mower out there has pros and cons it just so happens that the only con to my walker is its speed. and then i will use my wright when speed is needed. and oh yeah it takes me 5 minutes to switch from side discharge to bagging pretty nice ha. hehe