Lazer HP Questions?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by J-mike, Oct 16, 2002.

1. J-mike

J-mike LawnSite Member

Terry, :blob3:

I have been thinking about purchasing my first Lazer HP and have some questions. After reading many of the post on this site, I have come to the conclusion that the Lazer HP 44" is like the, "step-child" of the Lazer line-up.

Personally, I think it will do just what I need. Like being able to get through gates and around tight areas, but when I read things like the 44" not being included in the, "anti blow-out baffle" options list, or not coming with the, "quick lift deck assist", and even excluding the 44" from having a drink holder; it make you wonder!

Will I be able to get any of these thing in the future if I buy the 44"?

I hope I haven't asked too pointed a set of questions, but just needed to know.

I'll probably get one anyway, but would like to know that I'm not going to spend a lot of money and be left out of some really great options in the future.

Thanks, J-Mike :D

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

J-Mike,

Really the LHP is the little brother not the stepchild. Please don't say that so loud you might hurt the little guy’s feelings. He wants to be a big mower when he grows up but he's still just a little guy.

You can add the foot lift and the cup holder if you like (they are available as accessories). We just don't put then on that particular model as standard equipment. Once the little guy grows up a little bit, say to a 48" or a 52" we'll let him have the big toys.

The initial investment on the 44" is quite a bit less than that of the 48" or 52" for several reasons but one major one. Not everyone can afford the 48" and 52" but they still want or need a riding mower. The 44" without the bells and whistles fits the bill nicely. It gives the start up guy a commercial grade mower but at a price he can afford. Those guys starting out can always add the bells and even the whistles later if they want.

We've also just released the striping roller for the 44" unit as well. We are currently testing several possible improvements for many different models. Anti-blow out baffles for the little guys are but one of them.

Shoot we can even hook you up with a mulch kit, UltraVac, ROPS, grass catcher, Excalibur blades in 3 different profiles, hitch kit and Kawasaki's supposed to be coming out with a canister air filter for the 17 hp soon. Entry level price and you can dress the little guy up as you prefer. Now all we need is seat covers, chrome wheels, lights, stereo and some fuzzy dice.

But please don’t call him the stepchild. You and I may not think it’s a big deal but even little mowers have feelings too.

Thanks

Terry

3. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

Terry. Does thhat striping roller fit a 48'' Deck?

4. terry
    If the stripeing roller for the 48 is out can you give a part number?

5. eXmark

Harvestman,

The striping rollers will only fit the 44", 48", 52", 60", and 72" Lazer Z's, Lazer Z HP's and Lazeer Z XP's.

At this time they will not fit the walk behind mowers.

Thanks

Terry

6. eXmark

Odin00,

The part numbers for the 44" and 48" stripers are:

STRLHP44 $319, for the 44"
    STRLHP48 $319, for the 48"

Thanks

Terry

7. J-mike

J-mike LawnSite Member

Thanks Terry,

I'm going to make my deal with my dealer and bring one of these little guy's home!

If I treat it real nice and feed it good, do you think it will grow up to be just like its bigger brothers?

Later, J-mike :cool:

8. Alan Bechard

Alan Bechard LawnSite Member

Sure it will grow up like it's big brothers, just feed your dealer a bit more money as time goes buy and watch.:D :D

It should be a good choice.

Al B