Lazer HP Spindle going south?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by TurfPro, Jun 3, 2004.

1. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

I always wear my worktunes while mowing so I usually don't hear much ...... the other day I left them at home and noticed my Lazer HP has a real noisy spindle. The L/H spindle makes a grinding noise even when you idle it way down.
    Is this the begining sign of a bearing going out? If so what kind of warranty do they carry? I bought it new 2 winters ago but only have 190hrs on it as I don't mow a whole bunch.
    Thanks

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

TurfPro,

It very well could be the bearing.

It could also be a number of things. I've seen debris under the deck make some strange noises, debris wrapped around the spindle, debris in the deck pulley etc. all make some strange noises that can sound pretty bad until you investigate a little further.

The "no maintenance" or "non-greaseable" spindles have a 3 year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. The first year covers parts and labor the second and third year covers the parts only.

If the bearing is failed your dealer will need to inspect it to determine if the failure was caused by a defect or something else.

Thanks

Terry

3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

if possible, after checking the underside of the deck, take the tension off the deck belt and spin the blade pulley. this will let it free spin and you can hear exactly what's going on. noticed two of mine doing it today when i changed the deck belt. i've got 923 hours on mine and NO warranty. $$$