Lazer HP that won't move

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ssouth, May 22, 2001.

1. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

Something happened today that I've never heard of. While my wife was mowing with the 48" she started to turn around and all of the sudden the mower would not go forward or backwards. The motor runs fine but when the levers are pushed in either direction (forward - backward) nothing happens. Does anyone have any suggestions on what might have happened?

2. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

Would have to be in the pump wouldn't it? Belt off, low of fluid, ect.

3. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe check the hydro belt???

4. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

Vibe Ray? Haven't notice you post in awhile..........was wondering if you were still around.

5. Ssouth

thanks for the quick replies. Yes, I also think it's in the pumps but both at the same time seems a little unlikely. I checked all belts and all are intact. Anyone else have any ideas.

6. dhenegar

dhenegar LawnSite Member

Be sure to check your hydro dump valves to make sure they are closed.

7. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

Oops sorry Ssouth. I forgot it had two hydro pumps......... (haven't had the pleasure to own a Lazer yet)

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Look in the reservior, make sure that fluid is over the top of the divider.

9. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I do not know anything about Exmarks, but could you have air in the system from a filter change or something? If not and if not the belt to it, it doesn't look good. :(

10. Ssouth

Thank you all again, both neutral valves were closed completely and the Mobil 1 in the hydro tank is 1/8" over the divider. I know they say to fill to top of divider but I like mine just a tad over. Anyone else have any ideas. I can't seem to get this off my mind this evening. It is very bothersome to me to have a problem that I can't figure out!!!!!!!!!