1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lazer HP Wheel Weights

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Country, May 7, 2008.

1. Country

Country LawnSite Member

Any one using wheel weights on their machines??

I'm not getting the traction I'd like on some of my hills (especially when turning). My dealer is suggesting weights, but I don't know....
  2. danmc

danmc LawnSite Member

Are you talking about the wheel weights that go on the casters? If so, i think you definitely want to avoid them, in my experience they cause the front of the mower to want to slide downhill when going across slopes. we use a front mount blower for leaf cleanups which made the back end way too light so we took the weight bars that come with the bagging system and bolted it to the back of the mower frame. i think a couple pieces of steel bolted back there would do the trick - just watch going uphill because the extra weight back there makes the mower wheelie happy....
  3. Country

Country LawnSite Member

No, I'm talking about rear wheel weights that bolt on the outside of the wheel. Dealer said that he had them in 50 and 75 lb plates. These are after market. Exmark doesn't make any. Which also makes me a little concerned about using them.....