1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lazer HP with Triton Deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sandman23, May 2, 2007.

1. sandman23

sandman23 LawnSite Member
    from GA

I just bought a new Lazer HP 23/46 Kawi with a Triton deck. So far it seems to be a true workhorse. Just wondering who has experience with this deck. It has an adjustable front baffle and also an adjustable discharge baffle. How important and how precise do these adjustments need to be?

Also, I keep a mulch kit on my 36" MetroHP and it completely destroys any clippings. I am on tight manicured lawns (Bermuda and Fescue) and visible clippings are undesirable. My dealer is trying to talk me out of putting the mulch kit on the Lazer because of the trouble of converting from mulching to bagging or side discharge. I agree that it it a PITA. He suggests that a OCDC (for $349.00) and Extreme Blades will give me a comparable result. I think $349.00 is a lot for a lever that closes the chute.

Does anyone have experience with trying to accomplish mulching without the full baffles? Also, do you have suggestions on a plate that I can just bolt onto the discharge chute (like the one that comes with the mulch kit). Dealer says he cant find the plate only.
  2. sandman23

from GA

bump for responses
  3. Frosty03

Frosty03 LawnSite Member

I am getting ready to go to the doctor or else I would be out mowing like all the rest of the lawn guys.

I just ordered the 50" Lazer HP with the 23 Kawasaki and full suspension seat. The seat will be in tomorrow and I will pick it up next week.

I am finding that most who mulch (not many around here) have a dedicated mulching mower just for that purpose. The 46" Lazer HP was actually set-up for that purpose by introducing the 23 Kawasaki engine to that. You will need the extra HP when mulching.

If you are going to mulch, then set up for it 100% or you will not get the desired results. If you go half-***, then you will get half the results.

I personally do not mulch here. Few do, but on tight properties and lots of beds, I can see the merits.

However, I do pride myself and my clients on the quality of the Exmark cut and when mulching, you do not get the same quality of cut as you do when you discharge the clippings.
  4. sandman23

from GA

Good luck with your Lazer. I am loving mine. The cut is second to none. I will probably go ahead and put the mulch kit on. I only bag during leaf season and when scalping Bermuda in the spring so I guess changing the baffles a couple of times a year isnt too bad.
  5. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

:usflag: I know alot of cutters who use the Triton Deck and think there as good as the ultra, ive seen alot of there work and they look awesome on the cut's......Mark's Mowing Service
  6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Where's THE PICS MAN, WHERE"S THE PICS?????????????
  7. sandman23

from GA

2007 Lazer HP 23/46 Kawi. 2003 Metro HP 15/36.

8. sandman23

from GA

One More...

Lazer HP.jpg
  9. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

I just picked up mine from the dealer today.It's a 56" Turf Tearing Triton 23HP Kawi equipped macheen.......lol. I will report on it after I ese it.
  10. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I've noticed that every guy on here who has exmark always has stihl handheld equip.